USA should help Ukraine protect itself, - Rice
The former U.S. Secretary of State expressed confidence that the sanctions against Russia are working
“I surely believe we should help Ukraine protect itself; I believe people should have an opportunity to defend themselves with firearms, though the American government decided not to choose that way, and I understand that”, Interfax-Ukraine quoted Condoleeza Rice as saying.
According to her, Russia regularly breaches the Minsk agreements, but the West-imposed sanctions and prices for oil do serious damage to the Kremlin, undermining the country’s economy.
Rice added that Ukraine should continue with economic reforms, and the authorities have to pay more efforts for their successful implementation.
Recently, Condoleeza Rice visited Ukraine; she delivered a lecture and answered questions from students at the Diplomatic Academy of Ukraine in Kyiv.
Rice has long favored supplying Ukraine with lethal defensive weapons as a way to contain Russian aggression. She is also known for favoring the continuation of economic sanctions against the Kremlin and the strengthening of NATO allies.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain