US welcomes Ukraine's vote on constitutional amendments
State Department condemned the violence outside the parliament
US State Department spokesman Mark Toner said in a briefing, August 31, that the U.S. welcomes vote by Ukraine’s parliament on draft constitutional amendments on decentralization.
"This is an important step towards good governance for all Ukrainians which also helps fulfill another key piece of the Minsk agreements," he stated. Mr.Toner also highlighted that the U.S. deplore the violence outside the parliament that reportedly resulted in the death of at least one police officer as well as dozens of injuries.
"Our thoughts are with the families and friends of those killed and injured. We call on all Ukrainians, no matter their affiliation or organization, to respect law and order. We fully respect Ukrainians’ right to engage in peaceful protests, but in a democratic society, grievances must be addressed peacefully and lawfully. We also call for a full investigation into the cause of today’s violence. Those responsible should be held accountable".
National Guard soldier died after grenade attack of Ukrainian parliament building. Advisor to the President of Ukraine for Humanitarian Affairs, MP Olga Bohomolets said that there are 131 victims of the riot; seven of them faced major injuries. ATO veterans from the Donbas region were among the wounded.
265 MPs adopted the first reading amendments to the Constitution regarding decentralization. There were two parties that fully voted against the bill - Radical Party of Oleh Lyashko and "Batkivshchuna". "Opposition block" unanimously voted "for".
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas