U.S., Ukraine discussed implementation of Minsk agreements
Minsk Trilateral Contact Group is to meet February 10 and 24
David McKean, Director of Policy Planning at the U.S. Department of State met Leonid Kuchma, Ukraine's representative in Minsk Trilateral Contact Group. The officials discussed in Kyiv the current state of implementation of Minsk agreements, Kuchma's website reports.
John Ordway, U.S. Embassy Coordinator on settlement of the Donbas conflict, joined the negotiations.
No details of the talks have been available so far.
Minsk Trilateral Contact Group is to hold its next meetings on February 10 and 24.
After the previous round of negotiations in Minsk, Kuchma said that representatives of the self-proclaimed “DPR” and “LPR” in eastern Ukraine ignore recommendations of the Group.
Iryna Gherashchenko, Ukraine’s Presidential Envoy and the country’s representative in the humanitarian subgroup added that militants offer unacceptable conditions for the exchange of prisoners. According to Gherashchenko, members of these Russia-backed organizations decline all constructive offers on local elections in Donbas.
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain