US to deliver two counterbattery radars to Ukraine - Geoffrey Pyatt
The negotiations on effective spending of $ 300 mln for Ukrainian army from US budget had been launched
This week the U.S. to deliver two counterbattery radars to Ukraine, stated the U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt, Day.
"We have already provided Humvee armored vehicles and counter artillery radars to Ukraine. And two counter-battery radars will be delivered in Yavoriv this week. We are also going to continue this [support]," assured Geoffrey Pyatt.
The Ambassador also noted that the U.S. Congress approved the draft defense budget to $ 300 mln for the Ukrainian army.
"Therefore, it is a substantial increase, and a big step forward. This bill must go through the relevant procedures to the final decision. But we have already launched negotiations with the Ukrainian partners about how, in their opinion, these additional resources provided by Congress, might be the most effectively used to support the Ukrainian military capabilities to defend its own territory. But in this area, as in others, the number one task - work on the reforms. We see our efforts as part of a larger training efforts to support the reform and transformation of the Ukrainian Armed Forces.
Recalling, the U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden will arrive in Ukraine on December 7. He will meet with President Petro Poroshenko and Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk, as reported by the press service of the White House. In addition, Biden will meet with representatives of the NGOs.
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain