US Senator McCain: Selective US sanctions against Russia are hypocritical
He cites example of Russian rocket manufacturer, which is not subject to sanctions and where US buy rocket engines
US sanctions against the Russian Federation, introduced in connection with the annexation of the Crimea and the Ukrainian military aggression in Donbas, are optional. This was stated by US Republican Senator from Arizona John McCain in a letter to US Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, writes The Washington Free Beacon.
He cites the example of the Russian manufacturer of rockets "Energomash", which due to the recent restructuring of the association came under the control of the Federal Space Agency "Roskosmos" where US buy rocket engines RD-180.
"The result is the payment of money to the Russian state corporation, controlled by officers and directors, against whom individual sanctions were imposed in connection with the invasion," - says McCain.
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case