US refuse to return to former relations with Russia
There can be no return to normal relations with Russia given the Kremlin's actions in eastern Ukraine
The US is not ready to return to the former relations with Russia because of the situation in the east of Ukraine, Interfax-Ukraine reports.
In particular, US State Department spokesman Mark Toner stated this within Twitter-conference.
"There can be no return to normal relations with Russia, taking into accounts the Russian actions in eastern Ukraine", he wrote.
At the same time Toner said that "there should be possibility to negotiate if necessary". He explained that "in the US we believe that in order to lift the sanctions the Russian Federation should fully implement Minsk Peace Deals", and noted that "Ukraine has made efforts in the implementation of the Minsk agreements."
"We are concerned about the violations of the ceasefire state involving heavy weapons, which is prohibited by the Minsk peace deals. We believe that the only hope for progress in the implementation of the Minsk peace deals is the cessation of violence of joint forces of Russia and the separatists, the cessation of intimidation OSCE observers and providing them with a complete access to the territory controlled by the separatists ", Toner said.
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars