U.S. Presidential election: Sanders publicly supports Clinton
Senator from Vermont congratulates the ex-Secretary of State on becoming the leading candidate in presidential race among the Democrats
‘The ex-U.S. Secretary Clinton won the nomination process in the Democratic Party, and I congratulate her. She will be the presidential candidate from the Democrats, and I’m about to do everything within my grasp to see to it that she becomes the next President of the United States’, Bernie Sanders said as quoted by Ukrinform news agency.
Sanders said this during his speech at a gathering in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Previously, the two Democrats were at different pages on many issues during the primaries campaign; however, currently, Clinton and Sanders managed to ‘develop the most progressive platform in the entire history of the Democratic party’, as the senator put it.
Trump, Clinton shake hands after TV debates 10 October, 07:50
Final Trump-Clinton debates - best quotes 20 October, 12:17
‘Fight Night’ between Trump and Clinton to kick off in the U.S. 19 October, 09:14
New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed 21 October, 19:14
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain