U.S. Presidential Advisor: Brexit is no threat to U.S. national security
The United States and the UK will remain close partners in security issues, Susan Rice says
According to the U.S. National Security Advisor, the aftermaths of the EU referendum in the Great Britain pose no threats to the U.S. national security (Reuters). ‘We will do all we can to ensure that the areas in which we are cooperating - counter-terrorism, you name it, will remain solid,’ she said.
"In addition to a discussion about the consequences of the vote and conveying our respect for the will of the British people, it was also an opportunity for the president to underscore how much he appreciated David Cameron as a partner and as a friend," she said. "It's obviously a painful occasion when a partner that close experiences a loss that profound."
Obama and Cameron will work closely together during Cameron's remaining time in office and will also meet at an upcoming NATO summit in Warsaw in July.
Read full article here: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-security-idUSKCN0ZC17U
EU foreign ministers to urge Assad and his allies to come to trial 17 October, 08:30
Biden: At least five EU states are ready to abolish sanctions against Russia 22 September, 15:08
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels