U.S. military use new portable missile launcher to shell ISIS
The attack took place on Syria-Turkey border
The United States military landed a strike on ISIS positions in Syria, as the international coalition leads the war on terrorism in Turkey and Syria.
‘Last night: U.S. HIMARS in place and in action. The latest step in U.S.-Turkey cooperation inthe fight against ISIL’ , reads the tweet by U.S. Embassy.
The "M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System "(HIMARS) is a U.S. light "multiple rocket launcher "mounted on a standard Army Medium Tactical Vehicle (MTV) truck frame. It was developed in 1996-2000.
In April 2016, the U.S. deployed the HIMARS in "Turkey "near the border with Syria as part of the battle with ISIS.
Source: U.S. Embassy's Twitter
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case