US may grant Ukraine $ 500 million, including lethal weapons provision
Ukraine may get half the money immediately, and the rest after showing results in reforms implementation
The US Senate in the draft budget for 2017 financial year proposes to provide $ 500 million for the aid to Ukraine, including the provision of lethal weapons, - reports the website of the US Senate Committee Chairman on the armed forces John McCain.
Under the draft law "is permitted to allocate up to $ 500 million to assist Ukraine in the field of security, including assistance for lethal devices."
According to McCain, the draft budget envisages an increase in support for "allies and partners who fight with us, sharing a common load and protecting our values."
However, the bill limits the allocation of these funds for Ukraine: Kyiv may receive immediately $ 250 million, and the rest will receive only after the Pentagon chief will testify personally that Ukraine has taken substantial measures aimed at the institutional reforms in the defense system in the fight with corruption in enhancing the accountability and support of military capabilities, achieved by the assistance provided in the field of security.
Pentagon chief expresses need for nuclear weapons to deter Russia’s threat 27 September, 08:33
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars