US intelligence: terrorist attacks in Paris could be organized by Al-Qaeda
The level of organization of attacks does not look like the work of the Islamic State
Given the complexity of the organization and execution of the attacks US intelligence tend to think that behind them there is no Islamic state, but Al-Qaeda, informs NBC with reference to the high-ranking source of the National Counterterrorism Center.
"It is too early to say whether it is al-Qaeda, IS, or something else, but for sure it was some Sunni groups", the source states.
Sophistication of attack in Paris does not look like the work of the IG, the level of coordination rather points to al-Qaida, he said.
Earlier, ISIS militants claimed responsibility for the attacks in Paris and compared them to September 11.
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars