US impose personal sanctions against DPRK leader and his officials
US imposed personal sanctions against North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and ten senior officials around him "for outrageous violations of human rights"
According to Unian, the "black list" of the US Treasury Department also includes five legal entities. "Under the rule of Kim Jong-un millions of North Koreans continue to suffer intolerable cruelty and severe deprivation. They are subjected to extrajudicial killings, forced labor and torture", reads the statement of US Deputy Treasury for financial intelligence and counter-terrorism Adam Shubin.
Kim Jong-un declared as the "great successor" in North Korea after Kim Jong-il death in December 2011, is imposed by the personal sanctions for the first time. According to American diplomats, its introduction into the American "black list" may infuriate the North Korean authorities, where the leader is considered infallible.
The heads of the Ministry of People's Security and the Ministry of Justice Correctional Service of North Korea, the heads of forced labor camps, as well as heads of departments responsible for state propaganda were imposed by the personal sanctions along with Kim Jong-un.
Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia 21 October, 19:31
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas