US extends sanctions against Belarusian authorities
According to the document, Belarusian government pose a threat to US national security
US President Barack Obama extended the sanctions against representatives of Belarusian authorities. This was reported on the website of the White House.
It is noted that their sanctions are extended for another year.
According to the document, the actions of some members of the Belarusian government pose a threat to US national security. "In this regard, the state of emergency should be extended," - said in a statement.
In 2015, the extension of sanctions Belarus related to "sluggishness of the US bureaucracy."
Recall that in February 2016 the European Union partially lifted sanctions off from Belarus and Lukashenko. Sanctions against Belarusian officials were introduced in 2010 and reinforced in 2012 in connection with the systematic violation of human rights.
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas