U.S. Department of State, USAID officials to visit Ukraine in late January
Officials will also meet local leaders in government-held areas of eastern Ukraine
Assistant Administrator for Europe and Eurasia Thomas O. Melia and the Coordinator of the U.S. State Department for the Assistance to Europe and Eurasia, Alina Romanovsky, will travel to Ukraine on January 25-29, informs the press-service of the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine.
During the visit they will meet Ukrainian officials, leaders of the civil society and heads of private companies to discuss the ways to help Ukraine tackle economic and humanitarian issues and assess the need for further help.
It is going to be the first visit of Thomas O. Melia to Ukraine in his new position. During their visit, Mr Melia and Mrs. Romanovsky will visit Kharkiv, Slovyansk and Kramatorsk in the east of Ukraine. They will meet local officials and discuss the aid program for the citizens of Eastern Ukraine.
The U.S. embassy noted that in 2015 financial year it was planned to provide $ 334 million of aid to Ukraine, aimed at economic development, peace and security, health, democracy, human rights protection, administrative reform, education and social services. In 2016 financial year it is planned to provide $ 513.5 million of aid.
Allotment from the U.S. to Ukraine in 2016 will amount to no less than $658 million.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain