US Congress adopted a bill on weapons supply to Ukraine
Military assistance can provide $ 300 mln
"$300,000,000 may be available to the Secretary of Defense, in coordination with the Secretary of State, to provide appropriate security assistance and intelligence support, including training, equipment, and logistics support, supplies and services, to military and other security forces of the Government of Ukraine," as stated in the bill from the House of Representatives in section "Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative".
The funds are to support the Government of Ukraine "in defending itself against actions by Russia and Russian-backed separatists that violate the ceasefire agreements," as stated in the document. It should cover lethal assistance such as anti-armor weapon systems, mortars, crew-served weapons and ammunition, grenade launchers and ammunition, and small arms and ammunition, counter-artillery radars, unmanned aerial tactical surveillance systems, cyber capabilities, secure communications equipment, training, etc.
Secretary of Defense is authorized, with the concurrence of the Secretary of State, to make available to the Government of Ukraine weapons and other defense articles, from the United States inventory and other sources, and defense services, in such quantity as the Secretary of Defense determines to be appropriate to defend against further aggression.
Recalling, yesterday Russian-backed militants carried out an attack against Ukrainian positions near Troitske, Luhansk region, using antitank guided missile. As a result, four Ukrainian got injured. It took place just after the operation on weaponry withdrawal had been launched October 5.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case