US blamed on Russia for escalation of situation in Syria
Secretary of State John Kerry called on to find out whose aircraft operates in Aleppo area, as well as to suspend military operations
Russia is responsible for the breach of an agreement on a truce in Syria, and the offensive of Assad troops, and if it really wants to prove the desire for peace, it should take appropriate steps. This statement was made yesterday, on September, 23 by the spokesman for the White House Josh Ernest, reports "Ukrinform".
"Russia is responsible and if this arrangement has the future, Russia must take steps to prove it," - said Ernest.
The day before US Secretary of State John Kerry made a similar statement after a meeting of the International Syrian Support Group in New York, said in a statement.
"This is the moment of truth for Russia, the moment of truth for the Assad regime and for the opposition, for all of us who seek to end the war in Syria and defeat the terrorists" - Kerry said.
He stressed that the only way to achieve this is to deal with all the parties, whose aircraft operates in Aleppo region, to suspend military operations, and not for a day or two but for an indefinite time, until everyone would beconvinced of the seriousness of their intentions."
In the absence of such a massive step the United States do not see any sense in further declarations, promises and plans "that simply can not be implemented."
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain