US and Ukraine discussed enhancement of Ukraine’s defense capacity
American senators praised recent steps on de-escalation in Donbas
U.S. Congress delegation consisting of senators Jeanne Shaheen, Richard Durbin and Elizabeth Warren met with Ukrainian President Poroshenko in order to discuss the most vulnerable and urgent questions of the political agenda of Ukraine, aacording to the media office of Poroshenko.
"The parties discussed the opportunity of intensifying cooperation on the enhancement of Ukraine’s defense capacity, stabilization of economic situation in the country and implementation of internal reforms, inter alia, in the framework of the implementation of the strategy of fight against corruption," according to the statement.
The senators praised recent steps on de-escalation in Donbas and expressed hope that the Russian party would fully implement the agreements. In this regard, Petro Poroshenko urged the U.S. and European partners to make every effort to ensure clear and strict compliance with the Minsk agreements by Russia and militants. “Kremlin should understand that it will pay a higher price for the violation of the Minsk agreements. Transatlantic solidarity and response must be efficient,” he emphasized.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars