Unknown protesters attacked Russian embassy in Kyiv
No visible damage to the building was done; embassy under heavy guard
A group of radical protesters, reportedly about 20 people, attacked the Russian embassy at about 1 a.m. September 17. They threw firecrackers, some of which caused ignitions. The National Guard reported that the perpetrators fled the scene immediately after that.
The building of the Embassy suffered no visible damage.
Today, the Russian Embassy in Ukraine is to host the polling stations for voting at the elections for the Russian parliament. Despite the outrage of the Ukrainian government, the Russian diplomats and personally Russian president’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov said they will open the stations either way.
Watch the video:
Previously, Pavlo Klimkin said that Ukraine might withdraw its delegation from PACE if the authority recognizes the elections in Crimea.
On September 8, the Ukrainian Parliament passed the law that urged other countries’ parliaments to ignore the Russian parliamentary elections that are also held in the occupied Crimea.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas