UNIAN: Ukraine to get several million euros worth of donations from Holy See
Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the Secretary of State of His Holiness the Pope, says that the Holy See would provide several million euros in donations to Ukraine to support "victims of violence in eastern Ukraine," according to the BBC's Ukrainian language news service.
According to Parolin, the funds will be given to internally displaced people who have left their homes, residents of the so-called "grey zone" near the front line, people who live in the territories beyond the control of Ukrainian authorities, especially children, the elderly and single-parent families with young children, as well as people who have lost home, the wounded people and those who have suffered from tortures.
The most essential aid will be first provided including staple food, water, clothes, medicines, shelter, according to Parolin who was visiting the Ukrainian city of Zaporizhia.
The aid will be distributed through the Catholic Church's charitable organizations, as well as other humanitarian organizations and volunteers.
Read the full article here.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars