UNGA: Poroshenko about Russian military presence in Donbas
"Even Khrushchev couldn’t but recognize that the Soviet missiles were stationed in Cuba"
President Poroshenko announced that there are thousands of photos, video, satellite images, eye witnesses and other evidences of Russian military presence in Donbas. This was stated during Poroshenko’s address at the UN General Assembly, broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
"Even Khrushchev couldn’t but recognize that the Soviet missiles were stationed in Cuba. Today we have thousands of available photos, video, satellite images, eye witnesses and other evidences of Russian military presence in Donbas. But Russia continues cynically saying that they are not there over and over again. They are not there. Russia used to say the same about Crimea. They are not there. We are not there. And then a sham referendum was held under the Russian rifle points,” – said Poroshenko.
"We urge Russia to provide full access for international human rights watchdogs to the Crimea and Donbas and implement the UNESCO decision on monitoring activity in the Crimea on the institutional level,” – said Ukrainian President.
The President also talked of the legitimacy of elections to Russian State Duma.
“We urge you not to recognize the legitimacy of the Russian elections, which were held a few days ago in the occupied Crimea.”
Poroshenko approached the problem of the Crimean Tatars, saying that “genocide of the people, who had already survived the deportation tragedy 70 years ago, should never repeat.” Russia is using psychiatric medicine against Ilmi Umerov and prohibits the activity of Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people.
Apart from that, Poroshenko believes, that there is a critical need to reform the UN Security Council.
No disengagement in Stanytsya Luhanska in the near future, - Poltorak 11 October, 18:42
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars