UN to ‘take measures’ against Pyongyang in case of another missile test
The latest test launches took place on September 5
Members of the UN Security Council unanimously supporteCd the resolution, which says that the authority would take measures against the North Korean government, if Pyongyang continues to test their ballistic missiles.
On Monday, South Korea claimed that the DPRK launched three missiles in the direction of the Sea of Japan. The launch was conducted only several hours after the meeting of Chinese and South Korean leaders, Xi Jinping and Park Geun-hye. The latter urged China for closer cooperation with Seoul and for curbing Pyongyang’s aggression.
According to Park Geun-hye, the DPRK’s actions such as test launches of ballistic missiles and nuclear weaponry tests may be evaluated as provocations. Xi Jinping, on his part, disapproved the U.S. plans to plant an anti-missile defense system in South Korea.
Source: BBC Russian Service
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars