UN Security Council approved a resolution on the fight against the Islamic state
An approved draft decision is proposed by France, not Russia
The document, prepared by France, recognizes the "Al-Nusra Front" and everything associated with "Al-Qaeda" as a group, which threat to international peace and security. Also, in this document there were "condemned the attacks, which carried out ISIS June 26 in Sousse, October 10 in Ankara, October 31 over the Sinai, November 12 in Beirut, November 13 in Paris."
The other draft resolution was submitted to the UN Security Council by Russia. Its principal difference from the approved document was the description of the role of Syrian President Bashar Assad in the fight against ISIS, reported 'TASS'.
UN Security Council approved the French version of the resolution.
Earlier, the US stated that they do not see Russia as part of the international coalition, fighting with ISIS. Official Washington pointed the differences in relation to the Assad's regime. "If fighting against ISIS you at the same time support Assad's regime, carry out air strikes in support of it, then your goals are incompatible with the goals of the coalition," - said spokesman of the US State Department, John Kirby, commenting on the possible accession of Russia coalit
According to Kirbi, if Russia is serious about fighting with ISIS and change its approach to the war in Syria, the United States will be ready for discussion about what benefits the country can bring the coalition.
Now the global coalition against ISIS includes 65 countries.
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case