UN mission to help clear mines in eastern Ukraine, - Yelchenko
The mission to start its work on January 23
The UN expert mission will come to Ukraine to assess opportunities for clearing mines in war-torn Donbas. Ukraine’s permanent representative in the UN Volodymyr Yelchenko said this January 20, Interfax-Ukraine reported.
“The mission arrives January 23 and will be working for two weeks”, he said. The diplomat stressed that for now, the sides do not discuss deploying the full-fledged UN peacekeeping mission in Ukraine.
“The mission will come here, assess the opportunities, make conclusions and then a coordination staff of the mission will be created here in Ukraine”, Yelchenko said.
He added that the decision to send the mission was made by the UN Secretariat, and the agency is ready to fund its activities.
Yelchenko also expressed hope that representatives of so-called DPR and LPR will show interest in clearing mines, just as the Ukrainian side does, so that there will be no extra complications on the matter.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars