UN General Assembly to consider punishment of those who downed MH17
The Assembly’s session is slated for September, Ukraine’s ambassador Volodymyr Yelchenko says
‘I guess during this autumn experts will release all relevant reports in this case. Then, we’ll gather on the Assembly’s session in New York, and we’ll see what we can do next. I think, we’ll be able to address this issue starting from September,’ Yelchenko said in an interview with LB.ua.
According to the Ukrainian diplomat, most of the negotiations are being held in capital cities of the countries involved in the tragedy. ‘We’ve been having regular conversations with the Dutch, Malaysian and Australian UN representatives,’ he said.
Yelchenko believes that there are only few chances to create the UN-led international tribunal to judge those involved in the downing of Boeing 777 of the Malaysian airlines. However, he says, the issue remains on the UN General Assembly’s agenda.
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
Mogherini: International community should support MH17 investigation 29 September, 13:35
Claims against Ukraine in MH17 case 30 September, 12:42
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain