Umerov may be held in psychiatric hospital up to 90 days - daughter of the deputy head of Mejlis
Umerov is having a meeting with his lawyer Nikolai Polozov at the moment
The detained deputy head of the Mejlis Ilmi Umerov may be held in psychiatric hospital up to 90 days before health assessment report issued according to the Russian legislation. This was commented by Umerov's daughter Aishe to 112 Ukraine TV-channel.
She told about the health of her father at the moment.
"Now we just got back from him, unfortunately he is not feeling very well after yesterday's attack when he lost his consciousness, his blood pressure went low and blood sugar level went high. He can't revive after a fainting fit, the pressure is stable now, but there is general weakness, dizziness. He was taken specimen of blood in the morning, the results are not ready yet, but I think they won't be very good, because in those conditions he is not eating normally as a diabetic should. Now his attorney Nikolai Polozov is having a meeting with him, they may already have the results, and we will have more information ", - she noted.
According to her, the deputy head of the Mejlis being in custody, is receiving significant support from the people.
"He keeps his chin up, I tell him all the words of support that people write for him, it gives him the strength... Only his family members and lawyers can visit him twice a day,"- added Aishe Umerova.
"There is a minimal period for his detention - 21 days, but doctors said it will be at least 28 days in the hospital for medical examination, but subject to extending up to 90 days according to Russian legislation," - she explained.
As we reported earlir, Ilmi Umerov, Deputy Head of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars, faced charges under the article of Russia’s criminal code “Public calls for performing actions against territorial integrity of the Russian Federation”.
The indictment says that on March 19, 2016, Umerov gave an interview to ATR TV channel, where he spoke about the necessity to return Crimea and Donbas under Ukraine’s jurisdiction. The investigator of Russian FSB, federal security service, considered his words as actions directed against Russia’s territorial integrity.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case