Ukrainians support Sushchenko near Russian Embassy in Kyiv
More activists will go for similar support actions in Rome and Paris
A support action for Roman Sushchenko, the Ukrainian reporter illegally detained in Russia, took place in Kyiv near the building of the Russian embassy.
‘We came to support our colleague, the reporter who has been working with us in Ukrinform for many years. We came here to protest and to remind the government that something has to be done,’ reporter Valentyna Boklag said as quoted by 112 Ukraine TV channel’s reporter.
Ihor Chayka, the leader of the independent media, says the action is quite reasonable.
‘We all came here to stand with our colleague Roman Sushchenko, kidnapped by the Russian special services on September 30 in Moscow. We think this action is quite reasonable, and holding it in this place is reasonable, too’.
Bezsmertny: Sushchenko’s arrest in Russia not coincidental 5 October, 09:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case