Ukrainians might face captivity in Syria, - Foreign Ministry
Since the beginning of Syrian conflict, about 850 Ukrainians have been evacuated
Citizens of Ukraine who currently stay in Syria face real and serious threats of being captured, said the Foreign Office’s press secretary Maryana Betsa.
“We are asking those who still stay in Syria, despite our multiple calls to leave this country: weigh up the risks once again. Unfortunately, in Ukraine’s modern history, there were cases when Ukrainians were captured and held hostages in certain states with security issues”, she said.
According to Betsa, since the conflict in Syria started, the Ukrainian side initiated about 20 stages of evacuation of its citizens. Some 850 Ukrainianswerethusrescued.
Betsa reminded that the Foreign Ministry decided to evacuate Ukraine’s Embassy in Syria to Lebanon, given the overall security situation in the country, which has even worsened since Russia’s military interference in the Syrian conflict.
Previously, 112 International reported that 11 Ukrainian citizens currently stay in war-torn Aleppo.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case