Ukrainian World Congress: Kremlin tries to isolate Ukrainian diaspora in Russia
The Congress’s leader asked the international community to react on repressions meant to ban the Ukrainian organization in Russia
“We call on the international community, including the human rights watchers, to support the rights of the Ukrainian minority and to stop the growing violations of human rights in Russia”, said Yevhen Choliy, the President of the Congress.
According to him, the Russian authorities are trying to isolate the Ukrainian diaspora in the country. “The Russian government never told the Congress anything about the reasons why it takes measures against this organization or why it is considered a threat for Russia’s constitutional order”, Choliy added.
The Congress is one of the three Ukrainian organizations that may be banned in Russia. The other two are Ukraine’s World Coordination Council and Crimean Field Mission on Human Rights.
Sushchenko case: Ukrainian reporter arrested for two months 3 October, 11:30
Ukrainian consul prevented from visiting detained Kolchenko 1 October, 14:00
Gerashchenko: Ukraine demands that Russia releases Sushchenko 3 October, 10:00
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars