Ukrainian sanction lists against Russia entered into force
The decree was signed by the President Petro Poroshenko
The decisions of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine were promulgated by Presidential Decree №550 “On the application of the personal special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions), and other decree on the amendments to their supplements.
The decree came into force from the moment of their publication on Tuesday night, September 22nd.
According to the text of the decree, the sanctions applied to a number of natural and juridical persons for a period of one year.
Earlier, the President enacted the decision of the Council of National Security and Defense towards the application of sanctions against Russia. Poroshenko called to extend sanctions against the Russian Federation in connection with the decision to carry out pseudo elections on temporarily uncontrolled territories of the Donbas. He noted that the decision of the National Security and Defense Council reinforces restrictive measures with regards to more than 400 individuals and 90 entities that are responsible for the implementation of criminal activity against Ukraine.
Among the blacklisted there are President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov, Russian Minister of Defense Sergei Shoigu, Russian officials involved into annexation of Crimea and Donbas war, and some European politicians who agreed to come to observe the illegal referendum in Crimea and elections in the militants-controlled parts of Donba and others.
In addition, previously was reported that the list included foreign journalists. Foreign news service editor of BBC British called the introduction of its employees in the sanctions list of attack on media freedom. In response, Poroshenko intrusted the Council to exclude journalists from the BBC sanctions list.
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars