Ukrainian salt again on Russia's market
Ukrainian state enterprise "Artemsil", which in 2014 occupied a fifth part of Russian sales, began returning its lost positions after a year of Russian ban
According to "Rusprodsoyuz", "Artemsil" delivered to Russia over 70 tons of salt in May-July this year. At that the biggest share of supplies, about 60 thousand, were deivereed in July. The entire volume of the Russian market of salt in the first half of the year is estimated by "Rusprodsoyuz" as 520 thousand tons, 350 thousand of which were produced by Russian companies. Now "Artemsil" is holding 13.5% of Russian market, comparing to 21% before the ban.
"Rusprodsoyuz" Deputy chairman Dmitriy Leonov presumes that expansion of "Artemsil" threatens payback of the Russian projects, including Tyretskoho salt mine, whose owner is East-Siberian commercial and industrial company, 90% controlled by Artem Chaika, the son of a controversial Prosecutor General of Russia Yuri Chaika, according to http://www.kommersant.ru/.
Apart from "Rusprodsoyuz", Yuri Berg, the Governor of the Orenburg region, also turned against "Artemsil". He applied to the Russian President Putin to suspend the import of "Artemsil" products to the Russian market in June.
As we reported earlier, in 2014 "Artemsil" was one of the biggest players in the Russian market of salt. In January 2015 Rospotrebnadzor suspended importing Ukrainian goods due to claims for bad quality and after "cooling in relations" with Ukraine. This year in May, the banb was lifted, allowing "Artemsil" to import 170 thousand tons per year to Russia.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas