Ukrainian peacekeeper wounded during terrorist act in Cote d’Ivoire
Major Olena Lyakhova is in the hospital; her life is beyond danger
Leader of Ukraine’s UN peacekeeping mission in Cote d’Ivoire was wounded during the terrorist attack of al-Qaeda in Grand-Bassam city. The Consulate Service Department of Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry reported that at least twelve people were killed during the attack.
According to Aiman Zakher, Ukraine’s Consul General in Abidjan, Major Olena Lyakhova was wounded in the face. As of small hours of Monday, she was in the hospital. The doctors say her injuries are not life-threatening.
As of late hours of Sunday, there was no information about possible casualties among other Ukrainian citizens in the terrorist act in Grand-Bassam.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case