Ukrainian Paralympic team pins hopes in debut kinds of sports
Parakanoe, paratriathlon and wheelchair handball to be held for the first time
Ukraine places big hopes for high results in the debut sports at the Paralympic Games 2016. This was announced by Natalia Garach, the spokesperson of the National Paralympic Committee, on air of 112 Ukraine TV-channel.
"Our forecasts are optimistic, our team is big, representing 15 kinds of sport. This is for the first time we are performing with such a numerous team. Parakanoe, paratriathlon and wheelchair handball - are the debut kinds of sports in Paralympics in Rio. That's why we are having high expectations. We believe them to represent Ukraine decently," - says Garach.
Paralympic Games will begin on 7 September. Ukrainian national team will go to Rio de Janeiro on August 30. Ukraine is to be represented by biggest team for the country - 172 sportsmen in 15 disciplines.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case