Ukrainian MPs to visit European Parliament for a joint conference
European Parliament will strengthen potential of Verkhovna Rada
Ukrainian MPs will visit European Parliament on February 29 - March 2 to take part in a joint 3-day conference to discuss development of Ukrainian Parliament (Verkhovna Rada), informed press service of EU mission in Ukraine.
Former President of the European Parliament Pat Cox drew up a report and a “road map” on the development and strengthening of Varkhovna Rada according to the signed Memorandum of Understanding Between the European Parliament and Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. It will be presented during “Ukrainian week”. The road map will constitute a basis for the first round of high-level discussions.
The conference will start on Monday, February 29 at 16:30. Chair of the Committee of the European Parliament on foreign affairs Elmar Brok and the Chair of the Delegation of the European Parliament in the parliamentarian committee on the Association between the EU and Ukraine Andriy Plenkovych will preside over the conference.
Martin Schulz, Volodymyr Groysman, Pat Cox and Johannes Hahn (European Commissioner for Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations) will give speeches at the conference.
“Ukrainian Week” will end on Wednesday, on March 2. An agreement on administrative cooperation between secretariats of the European Parliament and Verkhovna Rada will be signed.
Six months of premiership: Best quotes of Volodymyr Groysman 19 October, 21:53
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas