Ukrainian journalist illegally detained in Moscow
Roman Sushchenko is charged with espionage, - Open Russia
Ukrainian journalist Roman Sushchenko, who works for Ukrinform news agency, was found in pre-trial detention facility of Lefortovo prison (Moscow). Open Russia, the group of Russian human rights activists, reported this at their official website on Sunday night.
‘We ran into Sushchenko by mere accident. The 47-year-old Ukrainian citizen said he was a reporter charged with espionage. He couldn’t tell us any of the circumstances of his detention or the charges brought against him. The Lefortovo staff banned us from interviewing him about the criminal case’, said Zoya Svetova, the member of Civil Observers’ Committee.
According to Sushchenko, the law enforcers put psychological pressure on him; they didn’t let him call home and tell the wife he was arrested. The FSB, Russian federal security service, provided Sushchenko with a lawyer.
Sushchenko asked the human rights watchers to contact with Ukrainian consul in Moscow. The diplomat already confirmed officially that the reporter was arrested in Russia.
Yuriy Stets, Ukraine’s minister of information policy also confirmed that at Facebook.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels