Ukrainian gas transportation to be connected to Romanian GTS
The plan is to transport gas from Ukraine to Bulgaria and in reverse
Ukrainian GTS will be connected with the Romanian system.
Operators of gas transportation systems of Ukraine and Romania signed an agreement on the connecting gas transportation systems of the two countries in the point Isaccea on the Ukrainian-Romanian border. It was reported by the press-service of PJSC Ukrtransgaz.
It is noted that point is near Orlovka (the territory of Ukraine) and near Isaccea (Romania's territory).
This agreement is applied to the route of the gas pipeline, which is used to transport gas from Ukraine to Bulgaria through the territory of Romania (terminal point Negru Voda 1).
System operators are planning to provide continuous and uninterruptible capacity to transport gas from Ukraine to Bulgaria and interruptable capasity for the transportation of gas in the reverse direction.
The agreement on connecting to international gas pipeline fully complies with Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/703 of 30 April 2015.
In "Ukrtransgaz" reported that, historically, this route was used by Gazprom for gas supplies to Bulgaria. However, after the end of the contract for the use of the pipeline, operators of gas transportation systems of Ukraine and Romania decided to act on the basis legal and regulatory framework of the EU.
The agreement is part CESEC initiative under the European Commission to improve the reliability of interconnected regions CESEC.
As it was reported earlier, in April the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko proposed to speed up the interconnector agreements, allowing to import gas to Ukraine.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain