Ukrainian Foreign Ministry condemned terrorist attack in Ankara
As stated the Ministry, nothing can justify it
Ukrainian Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin expressed his condolence to victims of terrorist attack in Ankara, killing at least 95 people, in his Twitter. "Together with the people of Turkey, we mourn the dead and wish speedy recovery to the wounded in the Ankara blast", stated the official.
"Thousands of citizens of Ukraine have become victims of terrorist attack. We are in solidarity with the Turkish people, who oppose to the criminal activities of terrorist groups. We call on the international community for a decisive struggle against all forms of terrorism", said in official statement of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Terrorist attacks provoked active protests against President Erdogan, who is blamed to be responsible for the accident. Protests, joined also by Kurdish activists, took place in several Turkish cities and in Paris. In Diyarbakir, the police used tear gas against the protesters.
Yesterday, October 10, in the capital of Turkey, two explosions struck with interval of a few seconds near central railway station. Trade union activists gathered here to participate in a rally for peace and against terrorism.
According to recent reports, 95 people were killed, 246 were wounded.
The police assume that the attack was organized by suicide bombers. Presumably, there are no Ukrainians among victims.
In Turkey, three days of mourning were declared.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels