Ukrainian Foreign Ministry: complete break of diplomatic relations with Russia is not an issue
Makeev noted that Moscow will be represented by a temporary appointee in Kyiv
A complete break of diplomatic relations with Russia is not an issue. This was stated by the Director of Policy and Communications Department of the MFA of Ukraine Oleksiy Makeyev in the air of "Radio Liberty".
"For more than two years Moscow was represented by a temporary appointee in Ukraine, now the situation in the Russian embassy will be the same - interim attorney is appointed, he is a senior diplomat entrusted with maintaining those infrequent contacts ... No, a complete breach of diplomatic relations with Russia is not an issue, we are not talking. This is due, first of all, to 3 million Ukrainians in Russia", - he said.
The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry announced that Ukraine can not discuss the candidacy of the new ambassador of Russia to Ukraine due to the ongoing Russian aggression. Ukrainian FM Pavlo Klimkin said that the issue of the candidacy of the new Russian ambassador to Ukraine is not on the agenda.
Now Moscow is waiting for the final reaction of Kyiv on the proposed candidates of the Ambassador.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Russia Today bank accounts blocked in Britain 17 October, 16:14
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars