Ukrainian film director Sentsov deported to Siberia, - lawyer
Sentsov was sentenced to 20 years of imprisonment in Russia
Ukrainian film director, born in Crimea, Oleg Sentsov was deported to Yakutia (Siberia) after he was sentenced to 20 years of imprisonment in Russia, informed lawyer Mark Feygin.
“Sentsov wasn’t sent to Irkutsk, but even farther away – to Yakutia. This is clearly revenge for disobedience”, - Feygin stated on Twitter.
Feigin surmised that “in Yakutia they will try to force him to admit his guilt and give evidence against many other people”.
Sentsov was detained in Crimea on May 11, 2014 by law enforcement in Russia. He was charged with preparation of terrorist acts.
On August 25, 2015 a court in Rostov-on-Don sentenced Sentsov to 20 years of imprisonment.
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain