Ukrainian consul still banned from visiting Sushchenko, - Foreign Ministry
The Ukrainian authority sent their Russian counterparts diplomatic note but received no answer so far
‘On October 2, as soon as we learned about Susuchenko’s detention, our consulate division sent a letter urging to organize the meeting for Sushchenko and the Ukrainian consul in Russia. On October 3, the consul personally handed the note to the FSB, Russian federal security service. The same day, our Embassy in Russia sent the respective note to the Russian Foreign Ministry’. Maryana Betsa, the spokeswoman for Ukraine’s foreign ministry, said this as quoted by Ukrainska Pravda outlet.
The Foreign Ministry demands that Russia let Ukrainian consul visit the detained citizen Sushchenko, Betsa added.
As it was reported earlier, Lefortovsky court in Moscow arrested Ukrainian reporter Roman Sushchenko for two months under charges of ‘espionage’ on October 1, according to Ekaterina Krasnova, the court’s press secretary.
The parliamentary speaker Andriy Parubiy said on Monday that the Verkhovna Rada is to turn to the PACE and the OSCE on Tuesday, asking them to assess the illegal detention of Ukrainian reporter Roman Sushchenko.
The world's largest organization of media professionals International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its subsidiaries in Europe (EFJ) have also urged the Russian Federation to release Ukrainian journalist Roman Sushchenko.
Bezsmertny: Sushchenko’s arrest in Russia not coincidental 5 October, 09:15
Ukrainians support Sushchenko near Russian Embassy in Kyiv 6 October, 15:40
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case