Ukrainian citizens filed 600 claims against Russia with ECHR
The appeals are related to illegal annexation of Crimea and war crimes
More than 600 complaints about violations of their rights caused by the Russian military aggression have been filed with the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), said the Minister of Justice Pavlo Petrenko.
He also added that Ministry of Justice together with Ministry of Foreign Affairs are trying to use all the international mechanisms for prosecution those involved in the war crimes in Ukraine and the illegal annexation of the Crimea.
Ukraine's first complait on the annexation of Crimea was filed March 13, 2014. Over the life of ECHR, there were 16 interstate cases.
As was reported August 26, Ukraine has filed the fourth claim with ECHR against Russia. This is the lawsuit Ukraine v. Russia, and a part of this lawsuit is violation of the right to justice, namely, Oleh Sentsov’s rights and the rights of other Ukrainian citizens, illegally condemned by the Russian court.
Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday 24 October, 09:28
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas