Ukraine’s two-staged strategy to return Crimea, - Klimkin
Foreign Minister assures that such a strategy exists
Ukraine’s strategy of returning occupied Crimea consists of two basic parts: political-diplomatic and informational, stated the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin in an interview to “1+1” TV channel, reports “Interfax-Ukraine”.
“We have such a strategy”, - Klimkin assured.
The first part of the plan is political-diplomatic. It includes the support of international community, which doesn’t recognize occupation of Crimea and continues to impose sanctions on Russia. The Minister also mentioned cooperation with countries of the world and the civil society in order to “pressure Russia and prevent human rights violation”.
He also emphasized that it is necessary to pressure the Russian Federation as to what concerns international conventions: convention on the Law of Sea, convention on the fight against terrorism, as well as support Ukrainian companies that sue Russia to get compensation for losses after the annexation of Crimea.
The second element of the strategy is informational. "Citizens of Crimea are subjected to terrible propaganda, we must show them, on our own example, that their future is in a European and democratic Ukraine, not in occupied Crimea with no future".
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas