Ukraine’s Representative to UN: Russia leads hybrid war against other countries
Volodymyr Yelchenko announces Security Council meeting, main theme of which will be hybrid warfare
Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations Volodymyr Yelchenko announced a special preparatory meeting of the UN Security Council on the topic of hybrid war that will be held before the end of the year.
He said this after the meeting of heads of foreign diplomatic institutions of Ukraine in Kyiv on Monday, Unian reports.
"By the way, we are planning to conduct a meeting somewhere in the autumn. It will be as a preparatory stage for the presidency of Ukraine in the UN Security Council, which will be in February next year. By the end of the year we will hold a special so-called formula A and E preparatory meeting in a format when Security Council may participate, and the press and non-governmental organizations and experts too, not only the delegations that are members of the UN or the Security Council", he said.
He noted that the theme of this meeting will be a hybrid war that is interesting not only for Ukraine.
"Russia carries out the hybrid war against other countries, like Syria. There also are a number of situations on the African continent. That is, there is something to talk about. Yes, it will take years, it will not be a quick job, but it should be start somewhere", said Yelchenko.
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case