Ukraine's reporter asks Putin when Russia leaves Ukraine alone
The reporter said detained Russian Special Forces soldiers Yerofeev and Alexandrov “send Putin their regards from Ukraine”
Ukrainian reporter Roman Tsymbaliuk asked Russian President Putin when the Kremlin leaves Ukraine alone. At a press conference in Moscow on December 17, he also said: “You’re telling there are no Russian troops in Ukraine, so let me pass best regards from Yerofeev and Alexandrov, the two Special Operations servicemen from Tolyatti, Russia”.
Tsymbaliuk asked Putin whether the soldiers will be exchanged for Ukrainain citizens illegally detained in Russia, namely Nadia Savchenko, Oleg Sentsov, Olexandr Kolchenko and others.
The reporter wondered if Russia would let go of Ukraine since January 2016, due to the validity period of Minsk agreements running out.
The Russian leader denied presence of Russian troops in Ukraine, adding that people who sided with militants in Donbas “are merely doing some business with them”. “We never said there were no people doing military-related business, but that doesn’t mean there are regular Russian troops. Feel the difference”, Putinsaid.
He also said his country is ready to affect the so-called DPR and LPR so that Minsk agreements are complied with. “We are not interested in escalation of the conflict, on the contrary, we want it solved as soon as possible – but not by means of physical extermination of people in southeastern Ukraine”, Putin said.
Regarding the possible exchange of detained Russian citizens for Ukrainian political prisoners and POWs, Putin said that the Kremlin agrees with the view of President Poroshenko – exchanging “all for all”. However, the Russian leader charged Kyiv with selective approach in this issue, which, according to the Russian side, slows down the process of exchange.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case