Ukraine’s Parliament to call on world not to recognize Russia State Duma elections
Also, MPs plan to approve final agenda of fifth session
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (Ukrainian Parliament) will consider a draft resolution of the statement on the non-recognition of the legitimacy of the Russian State Duma elections by Ukraine, and urge the international community not to recognize the legitimacy of these elections at the plenary meeting on Tuesday, September 20. This is stated in the agenda of the meeting, published on the website of the Ukrainian parliament.
Also, MPs plan to approve the final agenda of the fifth session of the Verkhovna Rada.
Recall that the elections to the State Duma of the VII convocation that is elected for five years started in Russia on September 18.
Earlier, Foreign Minister Klimkin said that Ukraine may withdraw its delegation to PACE in the case of recognition of the elections in Crimea.
OSCE and PACE have already said they will not send observers to the elections in the Crimea and Sevastopol. Foreign Minister of Denmark condemned the elections, and Germany's Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier and French FM Jean-Marc Ayrault reminded again that their countries do not recognize the annexation of the peninsula.
Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Ilmi Umerov said that the Crimean Tatars will boycott the elections.
Ukraine's Parliament has to urge Netherlands to ratify AA with EU 3 October, 15:44
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels