Ukraine's Parliament has to urge Netherlands to ratify AA with EU
Gerashchenko stressed the need to call Netherlands not to impose double standards against Ukraine
First Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament) of Ukraine Iryna Gerashchenko urged the Parliament to offer the plea to the Netherlands to ratify the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union. She stated this during the Verkhovna Rada coordination board meeting, broadcast by 112 Ukraine TV Channel.
"I ask Andriy Parubiy to put the plea to the Dutch Parliament with the request to ratify the EU-Ukraine Association agreement on the Ukrainian Parliament's agenda. All the hearings have been already accomplished. The referendum that has been held in the country is not legally binding, and can be used only as recommendations for the Dutch government. We need to call on the Netherlands not to impose double standards against Ukraine", Gerashchenko said.
Recall that the Netherlands held a consultative referendum regarding the Association Agreement between the EU and Ukraine on April 6, 2016. 61% voted against the EU-Ukraine association.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain