Ukraine’s MPs boycotted forum in Poland due to presence of pro-Russian MEPs
Deputy Speaker of the Ukrainian Parliament left the discussion to show discontent with speech of a Russian representative
Ukrainian MPs demonstratively left the Europe-Ukraine forum in Poland because of presence of pro-Russian members of the European Parliament. Because of pro-Russian European parliamentarians who wanted to take part in the debates, the minority of the Members of Verkhovna Rada caused the boycott during this event.
Ukraine's Vice Speaker Oksana Syroid reported the details of the incident, Channel 24 informs.
Valeriy Solovey, Department Chairman of the connection with community in the MSUFA (Moscow State University of Foreign Affairs), joined the discussion, in which Syroid was taking part. In order to show her protest against the speech of the Russian representative, she went out from the hall before the official end of the discussion.
Ukraine’s representatives from other events of the forum also walked away, including MPs Yegor Soboliev and Tetiana Chornovol. They made boycotts against the participant in one of the discussion panel because of the presence of the scandalous member of the European Parliament Yanush Korvin-Mikke. Because of his pro-Russian deeds, he is considered to be “persona non grata” in Ukraine.
According to Oksana Syroid, because of these provocations she has the questions to the organizers of the forum.
“It seems to me that this meeting makes no sense, because we all know the position of Russia and how can it help in the dialogue between Ukraine and the rest of Europe. If this country cannot help in this dialogue then what is the reason of its presence here?”, she said.
Earlier, the delegation of Ukraine made the diplomatic walkout protesting against the beginning of Russia’s chairmanship in the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC).
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels