Ukraine’s MP: Russia’s got six months to release Crimea and Donbas
There are three sides with their own views of this problem, Olena Sotnyk says
Sotnyk is the member of the Ukrainian delegation at the ongoing PACE session in Strasbourg. In an interview with 112 Ukraine TV channel, she shared her thoughts about the international community and its reaction to the ongoing illegal occupation of Ukraine’s Crimea and Donbas by the Kremlin.
‘The entire world divided in three parts. Some lobby Russian interests; some still haven’t figured out how to act in this situation, and some speak about strengthening sanctions against Russia’, the MP said.
‘Russia has six months left in order to fulfill its commitments foreseen by the PACE resolutions; it has to let go of Crimea and Donbas, and restore Ukraine’s sovereignty on these territories. We actively work with our foreign colleagues, representatives of foreign countries and various political forces. And I do hope we will be able to outplay the Russian lobby’, Sotnyk concluded.
PACE stripped Russian delegation of their voting right in January 2015. The Assembly’s President Anne Brasseur noted that the decision may be cancelled provided that Russia fulfills its commitments regarding Minsk agreements.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars