Ukraine's local elections were peaceful and democratic - ENEMO
180 short-term observers of ENEMO have been involved in monitoring the election process in Ukraine
Local elections in Ukraine were held in accordance with international standards, the head of the European Network of Election Monitoring Organizations (ENEMO) mission Zlatko Vujovic stated during the briefing. 180 short-term observers of ENEMO have been involved in monitoring in different regions of the country. Along with long-term ENEMO observer mission 93 visiting teams attended Ukrainian elections.
"Our teams monitored opening of 93 polling stations and during the election day [October 25], they visited more than 1200 polling stations. Also we observed closing of 93 polling stations," told the representative of ENEMO.
As was reported before, the head of PACE delegation to Ukraine Emanuelis Zingeris positively estimated the local elections in Ukraine, stating that they seemed to be mature, opened, and everything was transmitted to the publicity by the journalists, so there was barely no place for violations.
Watch our video:
The voter turnout in Ukraine's local elections, held October 25, was around 46.6%. Civil network “Opora”, which organized nation-wide observation over the election process, reported about 1061 case of violations. In Mariupol and Krasnoarmiysk, government-controlled areas of Donetsk region, election process was failed, voting did not take place. The head of Luhansk regional administration Heorhiy Tuka stated that elections in Rubizhne and Severodonetsk are null and void.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas