Ukraine’s Justice Minister: Russia considers passing Savchenko under Convention on the transfer of sentenced persons
Pavlo Petrenko says it’s better to solve the issue rather within political agreement than judicial procedure of repatriation
According to the Ukrainian official, passing Savchenko under Convention on the transfer of sentenced persons is a better option, since it’s more swift and rapid.
“For now, the Russian side is considering our request about handing Savchenko over under the Convention on the transfer of sentenced persons”, Petrenko told reporters in Kyiv on Friday, adding that diplomatic negotiations on the issue are underway, too.
Poroshenko congratulates President- elect of Austria 7 December, 17:48
Trilateral contact group meeting kicks off in Minsk 7 December, 13:29
Stoltenberg calls to pressure Russia to fulfill Minsk agreements 7 December, 14:13
- UKRAINE TOP 15:50Avdiivka Coke Plant stops due to power lines breakage after shelling
- UA & EU15:46Tusk: 'Final stretch towards visa free travel for Ukraine'
- SPORT15:37UEFA Europa League: Braga hosts Shakhtar Donetsk
- SOCIETY14:59Ukrainian journalist Semena accused of extremism in annexed Crimea
- UKRAINE TOP 14:03EU Committee endorses mechanism of visa free regime suspension
- POLITICS13:58Ukrainian National Anti Corruption Bureau confirm investigation of votes buy and sell in parliament
- UKRAINE TOP 13:29City of skiers and skaters: Ice rain in Kyiv, - photo
- UKRAINE TOP 13:15Parliament approves Novinsky’s attraction to criminal liability
- SOCIETY12:25EP Committee to consider visa-free regime suspension mechanism today
- POLITICS11:55Parliament considers removal of Novinsky’s parliamentary immunity
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
23:04, 7 December EU, NATO to create center to deter hybrid threats
22:55, 7 December Kerry: Trump’s election will ot have ay impact on US commitments to NATO