Ukraine’s Honorary Consulate opened in Seattle
Valeriy Holoborodko chaired the new diplomatic institution
Honorary Consulate of Ukraine was opened in Seattle, Washington, on February 7. Ukraine’s Ambassador Valeriy Chaly and the newly appointed Honorary Consul Valeriy Holoborodko took part in the solemn opening ceremony (Ukraine’s Embassy in the United States).
Chaly stressed that the opening of this diplomatic institution will become another impetus to develop bilateral relations between Ukraine and Washington. According to him, the sides have huge potential for further cooperation in economy, education and culture.
The diplomat marked the role of the Ukrainian diaspora of Washington and its support for Ukraine in times of unprecedented challenges. Chaly expressed hope that opening the Honorary Consulate of Ukraine will allow improving protection of interests of Ukrainians in Washington.
Previously, Yevropeiska Pravda reported that the United States closed five of six Russian Honorary Consulates, due to Russia’s interference in the U.S. diplomatic activity.
Time and place of next Normandy Four meeting irrelevant 10 October, 13:31
Russia: Preparations for Normandy talks meeting underway 10 October, 11:21
Klimkin: ‘Russia tries distorting entire logic of Minsk peace process’ 12 October, 17:19
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain